We’ve Got You Covered
Waiving the home inspection is a possible strategy to move your offer ahead of other offers. However, it is a very risky financial decision.
If you submit an offer and also waive the home inspection, after closing you will be responsible for all major repairs, should there be any. Our Pre-Offer Walk-Through Consultation can help you decide how or whether to proceed. At the least, with a consultation you’ll make an offer with valuable basic information.
KEEP IN MIND
The hands down recommended #1 due diligence strategy before buying is a complete deep dive Home Inspection during the contingency period.
If that’s not possible, #2 is an Information-Only Inspection during the contingency period. In the purchase agreement, clearly state any seller terms regarding curing defects. Add a sewer scope for greater peace of mind.
If you ‘re seriously considering waiving the inspection, #3 is a Pre-Offer Walk-Through Consultation.
AFTER CLOSING: Whether or not a Pre-Offer Consultation is performed, schedule a Post-Purchase Inspection shortly after closing to learn the home’s true condition and find out where future home maintenance dollars are best spent.
FAQs and Things To Know
1.) How Are Consultations Scheduled?
- One-hour consultations are available Monday – Friday between 9:00 – 4:00 during showing appointments.
- Requests are often on short notice. We’ll do our best to get you on the calendar but can’t guarantee availability.
- Buyer’s agent
- Coordinates day/time with our office at 612-961-3306.
- Schedules showing on ShowingTime.
- Notifies listing agent that Heartland will attend showing in a consultive capacity.
2.) What Is Covered/Included?
- Visual safety checks of the structure, mechanicals, electrical system, plumbing system, and HVAC system.
- Consultant will walk around/through the home and cover as much as possible in the allotted time. A lot depends on the size and condition of home and the number of questions asked.
- Consultation should not be confused with a home inspection or be considered a substitute for one.
- No tools will be used other than a flashlight, no testing will be performed and time is not sufficient for thorough analysis. Verbal only, no written report.
3.) Price? $190. Standard service agreement.
TERMS: Due to limited availability, cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance will incur a $50 cancellation fee,
4.) What To Expect On-Site? Client and buyer’s agent walk will through the property with their consultant who will be happy to answer as many questions as possible in up to 60 minutes. Our consultants are efficient and will do their best to cover as much as possible, time-permitting.
5.) Can I Have the Same Consultant Inspect the House If We Go Under Contract? Or After Closing?
Absolutely! All our consultants are certified home inspectors and can perform inspections as well. Once you are under contract or have closed, contact our office. Your inspection fee will be discounted $100. Be sure to mention discount code PRESALE100 to receive savings.